I was talking to my friend Megan who also has a two-year old. She was remarking how 2 year olds take center stage of their family blogs. It's true - if there is a two year old in the house there is always something funny going on. So even though Alison drives me crazy some days - most of the time she is amazing me with her conversations, observations, antics and physical comedy. So, yes, I do get frustrated when she doesn't nap, or when she doesn't listen, or she shouts, "i do it!!" when I'm trying to help - but, she is sweet and funny and overall a good kid. Not too bad for a 2 year old.

She was so tired out from the weekend with Aunties and Uncles in town, she fell asleep on the couch at 10:30 Monday morning. She was in just a diaper because she had taken her pj's off so she could put on her shoes. She loves shoes (such a girl!). I left to change Andrew and got on the computer and then I realized it was really quiet, that eery- what-has-she-gotten-into kind of quiet. So I rushed into the other room and found her sound asleep. Heavenly. She's taken 4 naps this week - those of you who know how she's been about napping can only imagine how much happier we all are about this!!!

I was doing yoga the other morning and was in a pigeon pose (basically on my stomach with one leg bent under me - good hip stretch) and Alison came running in and hopped on my back like we were going to play horsie. Actually, her extra weight helped me get a deeper stretch. I couldn't quite snap a picture of that - so I got one of her resting on my knees while I was on my back.

Like I said, she loves shoes. She loves taking them on and off. It doesn't matter where we are.
6 comments:
it only gets more exciting! the things they say and the "wonderful" phases. adam is entering a new one for me. it is called "5-year-old boy". never been there before, so i am learning new things about him and myself. alison is an amazing creation of yours. good job
Like mother like daughter. :) Can you blame her for loving shoes? ;)
Amy, she really is gorgeous! That photo of her on your knees gives a small glimpse as to what she may look like one day!
All I can say is Allison makes me smile. Two year olds are truly sunshine.
OK so there is a name for the terrible twos, my mother in law told me just wait, you think that there is the terrible twos, wait til they are 3, they are so naughty, that don't have a name for 3 year olds. I disagree with the twins, but Pierce and Nicolette were harder at 3 then at 2. She looks like an angel, so hopefully you won't have that experience :)
It's it great how they have their own ideas about EVERYTHING! and exhausting?
Post a Comment