Saturday, May 31, 2008

4 months!

So Andrew is 4 months old today! He had is check up yesterday and weighed in at 13 lbs 5 oz and 24.5 inches long. He was great at the doctor until they gave him his shots. We got real tears this time. Last visit it didn't phase him at all. The doctor tested him to see how well he keeping his head up and she was surprised how strong he is and that he is rolling already. She asked if he was showing interest in us eating. I described to her dinner from the previous night. He was sitting in his swing across the room, leaning forward in his seat, staring intently at us while we ate. He also puts everything in his mouth. So she said he was ready and we gave it a go tonight. Here's a little video. . .


Alison is getting to be very clever. She is speaking her mind and coming up with stuff on her own instead of just repeating what she hears. I wonder what goes on in her head half of the time.

Here's a conversation from the other day when I caught her post- digging through my purse.
Alison: (looking guilty) I ate them!
me: ate what?
AK: I ate them!
me: have you been in my purse?
AK: yes
me: you ate my tic tacs didn't you!
AK: I ate them!
me: get the box and throw it away - now they are all gone and we can't have any treats.
AK: well mom, you need to go to the store and buy some more!
me: what? no, you ate them they're all gone now.
AK: C'mon!!

she's getting a little sassy. She got sent to her room after that.... I had to - i was on the verge of laughing my head off! I can't get caught laughing when I'm trying to discipline her!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Too funny!!!
And my camera...is only a year old and we spent $300, I can't buy a new one, hopefully I will find it soon. :( SO SAD!!!

Julie said...

What a great post! I love the video of Andrew having his first "other" food. He looks so big and grown up.
Alison is a smart one...c'mon mom!!! Loved it.

Debbie said...

I found my camera :) in my beach bag.