Guess what Alison got for her 14th month mark? A stomach bug - ewww, gross. I will spare the details of the throwing up but it was not pretty. And then she was sick and cranky all weekend due to the arrival of a new tooth - well, it's almost arrived. Teething is not for the faint hearted parent.
She is learning to communicate better and has all sorts of things that she says. The newest addition is "night-night". Besides the requiste "mama" and "dada" she also says "whosat?", "whasat?" (who's that and what's that), "thank-you" and "all done". She's not keyed into naming things so much however she does sign milk, all done, eat and more.
We also turned her new car seat around this week. It was kind of anti-climatic. She doesn't mind the car and would have stayed rear-facing for as long as we let her. But her legs were getting to long. I'm still not sure she meets the 20lb weight requirement but our scale said she was close enough. It's nice to be able to look in the rearview mirror and be able to tell if she is asleep or not.
I needed to write this down somewhere so I wouldn't forget - this seems so much easier than writing it down on actual paper.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
14 months
Posted by amylouwhosews at 10:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah, the dilemma of whether or not you're "allowed" to turn the carseat around. You're much better than I was. I can't believe you waited until 14 months! I guess if my girls didn't mind, I would have waited too.
My girls both weighed a whopping 13 pounds by the time they were a year. I figured if I waited for the 20-lb mark, they'd be 8 years old.
oh amy! she is beautiful! what a doll! and guess what? all turned around she would totally ready for riding in the back of an old school station wagon. remember doing that?
Post a Comment