Sunday, October 12, 2008

Baby Bear


Around the time Alison was born there were 2 baby pandas, one at the San Diego Zoo (where we were living at the time) and one here at the DC Zoo. We were all enamored with the Panda cams and watching these delightful little cubs interact with their mothers. It was a little uncanny how the interactions were not that different than ours with our own children. My mom got Alison this bear when she came to see us. The bear hugs, makes noises, and slurps its bottle. It's really pretty cute. But it was too much for a little baby at the time, so it got put away.

The other day while I was cleaning out Alison's closet, I found it. It is perfect for her right now and she loves taking care of her baby bear. It's pretty cute. She's pretty happy taking care of her animals. Last night she was in her room showing Andrew all of her stuffed animals and telling him what each of them were.

She got confused as to where the bottle goes here, I guess. She really loves Andrew. They love to be around each other. He lights up when she comes into the room and she is always asking for "my Andrew". Like the other day when she was upset in bed, "I need my Andrew!!".

I also overheard her one day calling to him from her room, "Andrew, come here! I NEED you! I really love you!" She gets frustrated when he doesn't come when she calls for him. And right now, he's just woken up and she asking, "can you go get Andrew, mommy?"

I better get going!

4 comments:

Ellis Family said...

It doesn't get any sweeter than that! They are both so adorable and so photogenic! MAKE MORE! :)

Jenny said...

Sweet sibling love!

Anonymous said...

Hannah treats Ethan the same way but then she can turn on him just as fast!!

Debbie said...

It's so fun when they start interacting with each other!!!