9 months old on Halloween. My how the time flies. . . Or does it?
Andrew is almost 10 months old now. But he had his 9th month check-up accompanied by his first ear infection! Lucky him! I think it had something to do with the 4 teeth that were coming through - the last one appearing today. Poor kid. That's 4 teeth in 2 weeks.
I had to take him back for a follow-up and his shots and that's when we got his stats. 18 lbs 14 oz, 28 1/4 inch long.
The kid will Not Stop EATING. He easily out eats Alison at dinner every night. For example, Monday night we had barbecued chicken thighs - he ate almost 2 of them. Last night we had lasagne. He ate a bunch and then had 3 small bowls of it for lunch today. Not to mention he wants to nurse all the time.
I made some soup last week and tried to give him some of the kidney beans straight from the can and he was not interested at all. When we actually sat down and had the soup, he was loving them. Because they were warm. And seasoned. The other night, the chicken night, I made an apple crisp after dinner. Andrew was somewhere down the hall and he heard the oven timer go off. He headed over to me (by the oven) and I picked him up and started to walk out of the kitchen. He kept looking around me to see what I had taken out of the oven! He didn't see me make it, he didn't see me pulling it out, but he knows what the timer sounds like and he knows what food smells like! He had a big bowl of that for breakfast the next morning. I think I have a foodie-in-training. And if we can afford to keep him fed, I really think I'm going to like it!
He is a growing boy, for sure. I'm pretty certain he's the same size Alison was at a year. I'm already having to cook for 4 grown people, it's crazy.
5 comments:
So cute! My nephew just turned 10 months and he's 23 pounds and is about 31 inches long. They grow so fast!
Your kiddos are really so cute. They're pretty lucky to have the good cook mommy that they have! My kids would think the buzzer going off on the oven was an indication that they could come out of time out! Pathetic.
I just caught up on your kiddie blog -- I don't have the link to it, so I kind of forget about it. They are adorable -- emphasis on dor!
I wanted to ask you about your blog banner -- did you do it? or pay someone? very classy...
So cute! I love the color of Andrew's hair. It looks golden!
the picture of Nick kissing adrew is priceless. And the big cheesy smile Alison is giving with the baby crib..IS THE BEST! what a lucky mom of such cuties.
Post a Comment