Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Andrew's bed!

I finally got Andrew's crib put together. I really think being in a real bed (no more packnplay) will help him nap better. Plus he seems to really like it! He had to break in the bumpers first thing.


I think I should rename him Kilroy.

He was being really cranky while I was putting the crib together and tying on the bumpers. Probably because I wasn't holding him. Anyway, I decided as I finished up I would put him in the bed. He LOVED it!! Smiles all around and stopped fussing! And earlier, he woke up from a nap (too short) and I left him for a few minutes and he settled back down! Woah. I think I may be on to something here.

He had to practice pulling himself up and I think he was pleased to find that the bars are much easier to grab onto than the mesh on his old bed. Between this and feeding him more, I think we may have a happier baby in our midst!

I plan on getting the binding on that quilt sewn down while I listen to General Conference next weekend. I want to make some sheets too. I have so much of that fabric, I think it needs to be used!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a cute little man. He's bedding is darling to. Hope all is going good with you. I still haven't mailed those gift cards...I will. I've been busy! I got a job at Bath & Body works. It is fun. Hope to talk to you soon.

Love ya, Amy

Ellis Family said...

SO CUTE! He looks just like Alison!

Debbie said...

I just want to squeeze him!

Moore Family said...

Wow you made that bedding? Amazing and he is darling! Can I send my pile of clothes that need buttons and stitches over?

allyn said...

he looks so grown up. how did his face change so fast? congrats on getting the bumpers up. they are perfect. he will get much better rest in the crib.