Monday, February 02, 2009

Look who's ONE!

Andrew is one! I can hardly believe it. And it's as if he knew it and started walking all over the place this week. Here are a few shots from his birthday party.

He liked the candle but the idea of blowing it out was lost on him a bit.

He liked the cake even more.

He prefers not to get his hands dirty.

Sorry, no frosting mug shot. But he does have crumbs all over his face. We had a delicious apple cake. No frosting necessary.

I'm not so sure Alison really wanted to 'help' him as much as just do it herself.

So he just zoomed off pushing the box along. We probably could have just given him an empty wrapped box!

Uncle David came down to celebrate. I have a picture of him from Alison's first birthday and she's holding a phone too.

What a happy birthday boy!


I took him to his 1 year well baby check today and he's 29 1/2 inches and 20 lbs. 11 oz. Time to get him a forward facing car seat! Oh and I finally got him to sign all done and please today. When he's not cranky he'll sign milk and more.

12 comments:

Laura said...

I miss you guys!!! I think that last picture was probably the cutest thing I have ever seen. I think we will have to visit again this summer . . .

Helen said...

Happy B-day Andrew! What a cutie.

Alicia said...

How sweet! What cute pictures. He really is an adorable boy. They grow so fast. I can't believe he's one already!

Jenny said...

Happy b-day to Andrew! He is so sweet and looks so cute!

I am loving your new area rug. It is gorgeous! Now I'm rethinking ours ... ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew! I can't believe how old our little babies are getting.

Julie said...

What a cutie!! Happy Birthday big boy!!! I can't believe time has past so quickly. He looks so big!

Megan Young said...

Amy the lighting is great. He is such a doll. I love the last picture, because he's lifting that left eyebrow, that honestly could make the grumpiest person smile.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Andrew! Looks like you had a fun time celebrating!

I came over from facebook :)

Nora Mair said...

He's one? Wow that was fast! What was in the present? And can I tell you how jealous I am of you seeing Les Miz. I love the music and the battle of right and wrong. It's moving. Did they march at the end? Ohhh I love marching and singing and so-close-seating-spitting. Happy birthday by the way!

Debbie said...

happy birthday...he is soooo cute!!!!

Charlotte Geary said...

What a beautiful birthday boy! I can't believe how much older he looks than when I last saw him!

Kass said...

Happy Birthday handsome! I love the idea of an apple cake. Sounds really good right now:) How can a year go so fast?