Thursday, December 20, 2007

Baby Boy Update

Okay, so I know ultrasound pictures are somewhat annoying - but my doctor got a really great shot of baby brother's face! I can see it pretty clearly - but I also know what I am looking for! Tilt your head to the right and then your face will be matched up with his. The 2 lighter colored circles are his cheek and his nose and then his eye is just above that. You can sort of see his mouth too. I don't know if that helps - but hopefully it does! I guess it doesn't really matter - we'll have pictures of the real guy soon enough!I've started going to the doctor every week now (I'm 33 weeks) for a non-stress test and an ultrasound to check fluid levels. Everything went really well this week. The baby is moving great, his head is down and there is plenty of fluid. I feel really good and my bp's are still low - in the 100/60 range - which explains my light-headedness! When I saw my perinatologist a couple of weeks ago he was very optimistic about how good I looked, as well as the baby. My OB confirmed the same things this week. So hopefully the next 7 weeks will be very uneventful and things will continue to go well. Especially since Nick will only be home for this next week and then he's basically gone until the end of January. Yes, that's right. And I'm due the 8th of Feb. So I hope this little guy isn't in a hurry.

We really haven't decided on a name. We're not trying to keep any secrets - we just haven't had enough time to discuss it. Besides, we'll probably change anything we decide on at the last minute anyway.

Alison loves kissing baby brother (my belly) and we are getting her some baby doll supplies for Christmas so she can start practicing. She's really cute everytime we see babies out and about - she gets really excited! 'Baby!!!!' she exclaims and then she runs over and takes a peek. Cute.

3 comments:

Angie & Willy said...

What a beautiful face :) Can't wait to see him when he arrives!

Toby snuggles on the baby every day too. I have a hard time believing he really understands there's a baby in there, but he talks to her and hugs her and kisses her every day. It's amazing to me :) Alison's going to make a GREAT big sis!!

Julie said...

I think that it is funny and amazing how connected little kids are to their unborn siblings. Michael Anne does the same cute stuff and it melts my heart to see her face light up when she thinks of something her baby sister will like. We are so blessed to have such sweet children.
Amy, I'm glad you are doing so well. You are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Glad to here that things are still going good. I've been thinking about you. I worried after the horror I heard from the first time around.
Can't wait to see him.