Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas!

So I'm a week late in posting some Christmas pictures but here we go! I have some video too - but I'll have to post that later.I think she was more interested in opening presents than having her picture taken!


Some ornaments - really I just wanted to see if I could get a cool close-up.
Our tree! We got a real one this year and I think it's so cute. Plus I raided IKEA's ornaments when they were 1/2 off the week before Christmas so we were able to make it look decorated! Notice the bottom middle of the tree is a little bare. Thank sticky fingers (aka Alison) for that!

This is our Christmas morning breakfast tradition. My mom got me a belgian waffle iron for Christmas one year after my mission. So we started then but then left off for a few years. I started it again last year and I decided they looked so good - I should take a picture for you to see! Granted they aren't "REAL" belgian waffles (those of you who know, know what I am talking about). But they are tasty nonetheless! I mean really, when don't strawberries and whipped cream taste good together?

6 comments:

Angie & Willy said...

My mouth totally just started watering.... oh for gaufres!! Elder Wilson actually had a recipe that supposedly resulted in those fabulous little gooey sugar crystal clumps. I'm going to have to search high and low now to see if I can track it down!! Nothing quite matches those gaufres you could buy in street stands :)

Alison looks adorable!! Beautiful ornament shot too!

Jenny said...

So fun seeing you guys! We miss VA already. The breakfast looks mighty tasty! Hope you had a great birthday!!

Nora Mair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nora Mair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nora Mair said...

Mine were the deleted comments. Too many spelling errors. Glad your Christmas was grand. Best of luck on baby boy and a traveling hubby.

Julie said...

I love this picture of Allison. She is really beautiful.
I also love the picture of your waffles, they are also beautiful!
You create great stuff :)